Goldman Sachs Group, Inc.
Legal, IP & Commercial Contracts - Associate
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bengaluru and other major financial centers around the world.
Professionals within the Legal Division provide high quality legal, transactional and regulatory advice, litigation oversight, and advise on compliance and reputational issues. Our goal is to help our businesses complete their transactions and understand, navigate and weigh the risks associated with business-related activities. In many cases, our lawyers, along with other professionals, assist the business areas in structuring transactions in order to capitalize on business opportunities while managing risk.
The attorney will be part of a global team and will be responsible for advising Goldman Sachs’ businesses on a wide range of multi-jurisdictional, core and critical service and vendor arrangements; this includes drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts subject to laws of various jurisdictions, often working from a range of template forms. The role may involve working with foreign counsel in relation to contracts subject to foreign laws. The role will involve the provision of general advice and counsel on financial services related technology, services and intellectual property-related transactions; software, data and content licensing; outsourcing and procurement transactions across different firm divisions; and hosting and software services agreements.
• Minimum 4-7 years’ attorney work experience, preferably a mix of law firm and in-house experience within financial services
• Emphasis on experience in financial services related technology, services and intellectual property-related transactions; software, data and content licensing; outsourcing and procurement transactions (preferably on a multi-jurisdictional basis).
• Experience partnering with fast-paced internal clients, providing strategic advice on business development initiatives to close deals; strong organizational skills to prioritize and manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
• Familiarity with the various jurisdictions including United States, United Kingdom, European Union and Asia ex Japan is helpful.
• Maturity, flexibility, and sound judgment required.
• High level of initiative, integrity and organization
• Adept at developing interpersonal relationships
• Excellent academic credentials
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written required, plus proven negotiation skills required.
We are seeking a candidate capable of taking the lead responsibility for drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial contracts subject to laws of various jurisdictions, often working from a range of template forms. The range of contracts may include:
• Agreements for the supply of a wide range of key business services and consultancy arrangements;
• Software license agreements, hardware purchase agreements, systems maintenance;
• Telecommunications contracts;