UPL Ltd. -Global
8 -12 yrs
UPL is a leader in global food systems and with the acquisition of Arysta LifeScience, is now one of the top 5 agricultural solutions companies worldwide. With revenue of US$5 billion, UPL has presence in 130 countries. With market access to 90 percent of world’s food basket and focused on high-growth regions, UPL represents a compelling value proposition for growers, distributors, suppliers and innovation partners in a consolidating market. UPL offers an integrated portfolio of both patented and post-patent agricultural solutions for various arable and specialty crops, including biological, crop protection, seed treatment and post-harvest solutions covering the entire crop value chain.
Reporting to Regional Head Legal - India
Job Purpose & key responsibilities:
The position is responsible for litigation management (civil as well as criminal), drafting of contracts, regulatory compliance of the organization with all relevant legal and regulatory obligations and offering advice to internal stakeholders. Criminal law practice with experience in laws related to Insecticides, Fertilizers and Seeds laws in India is preferred.
1. Prepares and vets various agreements, notices, suits, replies and rejoinders.
2. Handles litigation: Criminal cases (Insecticides Act, Fertilizer Control Order & Seeds Act related), Factory related cases, 138 cases, civil recovery cases, consumer complaints, Legal Metrology cases, Patent / Trademark Infringement cases, Writ Petitions and other cases filed by and against the company.
3. Compliance related to pesticide industry, licenses, registration, legal metrology label guidelines etc. Conducts workshops, documents and assists the development and implementation of compliance procedures and presentation to business on compliance time to time.
4. Coordinates with external legal counsels for filing Suits/WP as the case may be. Prepares note for briefing, briefing counsels, attending hearing as and when required
A. Core Competencies
1. Business & Financial acumen
2. Analytical Thinking
3. Problem solving
5. Team Management
6. Strategic Planning
B. Functional Competencies:
1. Drafting and modification of legal documents
2. Legal advisory and contracts management
3. Litigation management
Notice period: Interested in candidates willing to join immediately.
We are one team, for maximum impact. One team with shared goals. We all play for the team and no-one plays against team. We have a laser-like focus on what our customers need and want, on anticipating their future needs and how we can create innovative solutions and experiences for them.
Education & Experience Qualifications
Educational Qualifications: Any Law graduate / post-graduate in Law
Relevant Experience Necessary: Must have legal experience of 8 -12 yrs experience (with a mix of law firm and corporate experience, preferably in a pesticide industry). Candidates should be willing to travel extensively within India for various litigation as and when required.